Quiche is a wonderful little French dish which is easy to make, is great for parties or picnics and can be served either hot or cold. This version is made without cheese but please feel free to add some grated Gruyère, Cheddar or whatever you happen to have.
- Preheat oven to 160°C and Grease a 21 cm baking tin.
- Place the sliced leak in a pot, cover and sauté over a low heat for 6-10 minutes.
- Place the chopped bacon in a pot, cover with water and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and pour of the water. (This is to remove most of the salt)
- In a bowl, mix the Crème fraîche, cream, eggs, nutmeg and chile. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line your baking tin with the pastry, fill with the leak and bacon and then pour in the cream...egg mixture.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Turn the heat up to 200°C for the last five minutes.