Although this dish does sound a little strange, it is rather delicious. The sweet tangs taste of the marmalade and the salty full flavour of the soya sauce combine to a light glossy marinade for the salmon. The fish just kisses a pan for 30 seconds before being transferred to the oven. When ready it should be light and glassy inside.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Line an oven proof dish with aluminium foil and brush the base with a little olive oil.
- Mix the marmalade, soya sauce and olive oil together until smooth. Add the fish fillets and coat them evenly with the marinade.
- Place a non stick frying pan over a high heat. When it is hot, place the fish fillets in the pan and fry them on one side only for 30 seconds. Quickly remove them from the pan and place them fried side up in your oven proof dish.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the fish and add a good grind of pepper. Pop in the oven and cook for 8 minutes. When ready, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Best served with a light tossed salad.