One of the many variations of potato soups to warm you up on a chilly day. This one is very quick and easy and makes the perfect lunch or starter.
- Melt the butter in a pot until it starts to foam, add the potatoes and onions and toss until they are covered in butter. Sprinkle with the salt and a good grind of pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid or plate and sweat gently for about 10 minutes.
- In a second pot bring the stock to the boil.
- When the vegetables are soft but not brown, add the stock and continue to cook for another couple of minutes or until you are satisfied that the potatoes are thoroughly cooked.
- Add the parsley and puree the soup.
- Thin with the cream or milk to achieve the desired consistency.Serve and garnish with a sprig of parsley
- Serve and garnish with a sprig of parsley