This is my favourite mixed salad. Full of colour and lots of different flavours, the slightly bitter taste of radicchio, spicy cress, nutty rocket, the delicate sharpness of spring onions and of course the colourful tangy pink grapefruit.
- Wash the salad and tear up coarsely into a large bowl. Add the cress and the spring onion.
- Fillet the grape fruit by cutting off both ends with a sharp knife so you can see the flesh. Standing the grapefruit on one end, cut the skin and pith off the grapefruit in slices, thick enough so that you can see the flesh and no skin or pith remains. When all of the pith has been removed, slice between each segment and remove the fillets.
- Place the fillets in a small bowl, squeeze the remains of the grapefruit over the salad. Cover the salad in cling film and place the salad and grapefruit fillets in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. I usually use a jar or small bottle with a wide opening and a tight fitting lid and mix my vinaigrette by giving it a good shake.
- When you are ready to serve, give the vinaigrette a good mix or shake, pour it over the salad and toss gently. Garnish the top with the grapefruit fillets.