Spaghetti with spicy tuna is a lovely light Italian dish which is full of spicy, garlicky flavours. It is quick and easy to make, but you do need to ware an apron, as this sauce will splatter all over your stove and your clothes if you are not careful.
- Bring the pasta water to boil in a large pot and add the salt.
- Add the pasta to the pot and follow the instructions on the packet for the cooking time.
- Put on an apron as this sauce will splatter all over your stove and your clothes if you are not careful. Use a tall and narrow pot if possible to make the sauce.
- Fry the garlic and the whole chilli in olive oil until the garlic starts to burn. Remove the garlic and chilli with a spoon and immediately add the chopped tomato, cover the pot with a lid and remove from the heat until it has stopped splattering.
- Turn the heat down, stir in the tuna and simmer until the pasta is cooked. Add the pasta to the sauce, mix well and season with salt & freshly ground black pepper.