Mousse au Chocolat is a wonderfully fluffy chocolate dessert which can be served with fresh fruits, frutti di bosco, on its own or with a little whipped cream.
- Separate the egg white from the yolks, placing the egg white in one bowl and the egg yolks in another.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg white and using a mixer beat it until it is stiff. Slowly sprinkle in 100g of sugar as you beat it.
- Whip the cream until it is stiff.
- Grate the chocolate and place it in a bowl over a pot with simmering water to melt.
- When the chocolate has melted, place another bowl over the simmering water. Add 4 teaspoons of hot water, 50g of sugar and the egg yolks and beat into a thick foamy cream. Remove immediately from the heat.
- *Now you have to be very fast and precise. Otherwise the mousse can become hard and lumpy.
- Step 1: Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture and fold it under until you have a smooth cream.
- Step 2: Carefully fold the whipped cream under the chocolate & egg mixture.
- Step 3: Carefully fold the beaten egg white under the chocolate egg & cream mixture.
- Pour in to a large serving bowl and place in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours before you serve it.