Strawberry risotto does sounds a trifle far-fetched but it is in fact really first-class. A gorgeous and rich combination of creamy risotto rice with strawberries, butter, onion and parmesan. Like all good risottos, you should serve it in small portions and hide the rest for later.
- Melt a third of the butter in a stainless steel pot over a medium heat. Throw in the onion and sauté until golden, add the rice and stir frequently until it is glassy.
- Add the wine and stir. When the wine has almost evaporated, begin to add the stock a ladle at a time. Wait each time for the stock to almost completely evaporate before adding more.
- When the risotto has cooked for about 12 minutes, add the chopped strawberries. Stir and continue cooking for another 5 minutes by adding more stock until the rice is al-dente. Taste for flavour and consistency and if required add a little more salt.
- As soon as the rice is ready, remove it from the heat. Stir in the grated parmesan, the remaining butter and a grind of pepper.
- Serve a small portion in the centre of each plate and garnish with sliced strawberries.